Get that office ORGANIZED! Janet Taylor offers 25 great tips!
1) Clean out each desk drawer, to free up even more valuable storage space.
2) Clear off the top of your desk, then wipe off the surface of the desktop.
3) Keep essential items on your desktop (computer, phone, fax, card file).
4) If you work with more than one person, create an Inbox for each person.
5) Have a master to-do list for each day at your desk.
6) Pre-sort the mail: To-File, To-Read, To-Contact (write or call).
7) Use a variety of containers to organize office supplies, paper clips and pens.
8) Use a variety of desktop organizers or trays to organize papers that come across your desk.
9) Create a separate drawer for personal paperwork, items, etc.
10) Use storage boxes to store dated files.
11) Purchase magazine boxes to store booklets, magazines, catalogs you want to keep.
12) Create a file for magazine articles or scan them into your computer.
13) Filing system should be simple easy and manageable.
14) Color-coding your files makes it faster to find information.
15) Do not over stuff folders. It may be time to toss some of the information in the folder.
16) Never overload a filing drawer. It will make it difficult to retrieve information in the drawers.
17) Sub-divide larger files with interior file folders.
18) Tab hanging file folders in the front.
19) Return calls in batches. Leave specific messages and the time you called if the person you're trying to reach isn't available.
20) Empty workspace of everything but the project you're working on to cut down on distractions.
21) Keep an assortment of all-occasion cards and stamps in your desk.
22) Keep takeout menus from favorite restaurants so you can order ahead and pick up dinner on your way home.
23) When using more than one checking account, color coded checks are an easy way to identify each account.
24) At the end of each project or event, organize paperwork and file or store it.
25) Straighten desk at the end of the day and especially at the end of the week so that you can start each morning with a clear desk.
Totally Organized is a professional organizing company devoted to help you make the most of your day and get more quality free time. For more information contact: Totally Organized, P.O. Box 54091, PA 19105-4091, (215)229-7232. E-mail: TOrganized@Aol.com. Web Address: http://members.aol.com/TOrganized.
Social networking icons by komodomedia.com.
Site copyright © 2000-2011 by Shel Horowitz